Watch more videos on FacebookClick here
- Assad steps up efforts to crush last besieged enclaves 19th April 2018BEIRUT/AMMAN (Reuters) - The Syrian government stepped up its efforts on Thursday to retake the opposition's last besieged enclaves, as rebels prepared to withdraw from one and a newspaper reported an ultimatum against another.
- Armenian president calls for dialogue amid protests against new PM 19th April 2018YEREVAN (Reuters) - Armenian President Armen Sarkissian on Thursday called for dialogue, as thousands continued to protest on the streets against the appointment of the new prime minister, who was president for 10 years before switching jobs this month.
- Cuba's new president vows to defend legacy of Castro revolution 19th April 2018HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuba's new president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, began his term on Thursday with a promise to defend the socialist revolution led by the Castro brothers since 1959, giving a sober speech that also emphasized the need to modernize the island's economy.
- Turkey's ruling party taunts opposition over early election 19th April 2018ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's ruling AK Party taunted the main opposition party on Thursday to name a candidate to challenge Tayyip Erdogan for June elections which are expected to tighten the president's 15-year hold on power.
- Italy's 5-Star sees chance of government deal with the League 19th April 2018ROME (Reuters) - The leader of Italy's anti-establishment 5-Star Movement said on Thursday he saw the possibility of forming a coalition with the far-right League, but he reiterated his refusal to work with its electoral allies.