Watch more videos on FacebookClick here
- China president's confidante Liu He elected as a vice premier, Yi Gang as PBOC chief 19th March 2018BEIJING (Reuters) - Liu He, a key economic adviser to China's President Xi Jinping, was elected by parliament to be a vice premier, while vice central bank governor Yi Gang was voted to take over the helm at the People's Bank of China (PBOC).
- China's 'silver fox' foreign minister promoted 19th March 2018BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi retained his job and was also promoted to a state councillor on Monday, meaning he now has the country's two top diplomat roles, in a vote of confidence for his strong defense of China's interests.
- Australia PM meets Myanmar leader Suu Kyi, to raise human rights concerns 19th March 2018SYDNEY (Reuters) - Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi arrived in Canberra on Monday to be met by a military honor guard and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, who has said he will raise human rights issues during her visit.
- Security advisers from U.S., South Korea, Japan meet on North Korean summits: Seoul 18th March 2018SEOUL (Reuters) - The top national security advisers of the United States, South Korea and Japan met at the weekend to discuss North Korea and the "complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula", South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday.
- Maduro challenger shakes up Venezuela's presidential vote 18th March 2018CARACAS (Reuters) - At each other's throats for two decades, militants of Venezuela's socialist state and opposition seldom agree on anything. Yet mention the name of presidential candidate Henri Falcon, and both are liable to spit.